The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) enables employers to provide their workers with paid leave, while at the same time ensuring that workers are not forced to choose between their paychecks and the public health measures needed to combat the virus.
Monday, June 29, 2020
Monday, June 22, 2020
• child support proceedings;
• selected plea and sentencing proceedings for defendants at liberty;
• preliminary hearings in criminal cases for defendants being held in jail on felony complaints;
• arraignments of defendants who have been issued desk appearance tickets; and
• a limited number of bench trials, in civil matters.
Monday, June 15, 2020
In order to maintain social distancing, the legislature voted to hold the meetings in the Human Services Complex in Montour Falls, rather than the County Legislative chambers at the Courthouse Complex.
Look for updated schedules and notices pursuant to Open Meetings Law shortly.
Monday, June 8, 2020
The order tolls “any specific time limit for the commencement, filing, or service of any legal action, notice, motion, or other process or proceeding, as prescribed by the procedural laws of the state, including but not limited to the criminal procedure law, the Family Court act, the civil practice law and rules, the Court of Claims act, the Surrogate’s Court procedure act, and the uniform court acts, or by any other statute, local law, ordinance, order, rule, or regulation, or part thereof.”