• Shop only on secure Internet connections.For more information on how to protect yourself from Cyber Monday scams, click here.
• Do not be tricked by confusingly similar website and domain names.
• Protect yourself by using credit or debit cards.
• Beware of misleading bargains and added fees.
• Compare warranty terms.
• Know the terms of a layaway plan.
• Check return and refund policies.
• Beware of restricted gift cards.
• Be wary of too-good-to-be-true contests and prize promotions.
• Read the fine print.
Monday, November 26, 2018
How to protect yourself from Cyber Monday scammers
A new report says Cyber Monday provides the perfect environment for cyber criminals: “They offer up distracted shoppers and ample opportunity. An estimated 164 million people are planning to shop between Thanksgiving Day and Cyber Monday, and online sales alone are expected to reach up to $143 billion.” Here are some tips from to protect yourself online: