• Beware of misleading bargains and added fees.More on each of these tips can be found at the link above.
• Compare warranty terms.
• Know the terms of a layaway plan.
• Beware of restricted gift cards.
• Shop only on secure Internet connections.
• Do not be tricked by confusingly similar website and domain names.
• Protect yourself by using credit cards.
• Be wary of too-good-to-be-true contests and prize promotions.
• Read the fine print.
Tuesday, November 24, 2015
Consumer alert issued for Black Friday, Cyber Monday
In advance of the Christmas and holiday shopping season, New York State officials have the following tips for consumers shopping on Black Friday and Cyber Monday: